December 30, 2013

Mindful Monday: Thoughts on 2013


I actually wanted to show you guys a lovely book, which I got for my birthday, but this will be for next Mindful Monday then ;-) So, I came across these 25 questions to ask yourself before the end of the year by MindBodyGreen and tried to answer a few of them. Now, I want what I've thought while answering the questions.

What lessons have I learned?
You are NEVER too old to learn something new. JUST DO IT.
No doubts, no fear. Embrace yourself, do whatever you want. Stay strong, everyone else is going through the same feelings and the same issues, they are going as far as you do, 
but can and will you make it further?

Always be nice and grateful, be the best version of yourself!

Do not hang around too much with people who don't understand you or drain your energy. Turn to those who inspire and bring out the best in you.

Always be open and stay curious, you never know what will happen next. 

Stay true to yourself and don't regret decisions and situations. 

How did I spend my free time?
With new hobbies. I've started a new passion called Longboarding in May this year. 
Read my longboard story here ;-)
Additionally I've found my way back to blogging.

When did I feel most creatively inspired?
When I met strangers, some became friends and the 2nd half of the year was very inspiring: with my internship at LesMads, with longboarding and fellow skaters,
with Off Color and Dreams
with small moments in life like taking a walk with my mother
or doing random acts of kindness :)

When have I felt the most alive?


How can I improve my relationships?
More patience, my dear. 
Learn to let go of the past, forgive people and you have a decision to change your behavior every single day. 
Read my Flexible Mind post :) 

What would I like to cultivate?
Do more of what I love, have more fun. 
Don't take life toooo serious, but hey,
play hard, work hard ;-)

I want less and clearing clutter.
Trusting my gut more, decide intuitively.

How can I be kind to myself?
Stop watching and comparing to others, 
start doing and be the best YOU you can be!

As you can see, one of the best moments was getting into longboarding, which gave me so much. More freedom, more creativity, more action and more fun :) I truly love it and after the small tour today, I don't want to miss it anymore. Other than that I'm still learning, it's a lifelong journey and I am grateful for all these magic moments that happened this year, next year it will be even better ;-) Do you have any new year's resolutions? I will post mine soon, so stay tuned!

What else did I learn this year? 
Take the good, leave the bad. Making new friends is so inspiring and YES, life is good.
It ALWAYS depends on how you look at it.

Be KIND to strangers, life is full of surprises
and magic moments ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh