October 11, 2013

Food Friday: Green Cabbage x Ginger Soup


Oh my! I think Autumn time means Soup time for me as well since I'm all into it. Throw at me some vegetables, I'll make soup out of it with my super blender :) This time it isn't pumpkin but the bit smaller brother Cabbage, try this out and tell me what you think!

Ingredients (1 portion):
Coconut oil, ginger, one onion, half a turnip cabbage, vegetable broth, green herbs like cilantro and parsley.

Cut up all the vegetables into small pieces or squares, heat up three teaspoons of coconut oil (love it!!!) with the onion. Add the cabbage and the ginger, let it steam for like 5 minutes and then add two cups of vegetable broth. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes until the turnip is smooth. Pull out your blender and mix it all up until your desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper how you'd prefer it and garnish the soup with herbs, ginger, almonds and thin turnip slices.

Yes, again coconut oil, I just love the taste of it in any food and I have to say that I didn't even season my soup since the herbs and the broth were altogether salty enough. Loved it and will definitely try out more green soups :) What about broccoli or zucchini? Have fun cooking and bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh