August 4, 2013

Bite Club: Brooklyn x Asian Night Market in Berlin


Oh my world! Brooklyn in Berlin City!!! When I first heard about this event I was totally crazy about it and yes, once again, I just had to attend this street food market-kind-of-thing! Reading the Facebook invitation it remined me a lot of the food booths at  Smorgasburg in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Back in the U.S. I have been to several food fairs like the Renegade Crafts Fair and the Great Googa Mooga Food Festival and I loved it so much. Yes, I know that there are not as many healthy options, but I'm such a foodie and always need to try out new things and creations of others. Maybe I will then transform those versions into healthier ones ;-)

Check out what I've tried at the opening party of the Bite Club on Friday night at Badeschiff Berlin. Brooklyn meets Asian Night market they are saying! :)
Arriving there early, it was already full of hungry people standing in line for food! We decided to split up and queue for two booths. 

As a starter we had the tacos from Taco Kween, two with meat and a vegetarian one. The pork meat of the ones with salsa was a bit dry, but still good, but the vegetarian one was much much better with the zucchini and cheese mixture. More Mexican food in Berlin, please ;-)

Our 'main dish' was the M&G's rib roll with their signature BBQ sauce. The roll is a hoagie roll, filled with slow-cooked rib meat, crème fraiche, their sauce, sliced pickles, onions and chips for some crunch. How it was? Meaty, crunchy, tasty, but not for every day. Definitely worth a taste!

For desert we've got the ice popsicles from Paletas Berlin out of a mobile freezer! My friend got the strawberry-prosecco and I had the cucumber-lemon flavour. I'd say: I want more and I love cucumber ice!!! Love the freshness of the mix between cucumber and lemon.

Check their Facebook-pages to see where they are selling and maybe you'll see me again at the next Bite Club-event in Berlin ;-) (In two weeks) From that day on they are trying to come up twice a month. Others would say: Why would you go there, they don't really offer healthy or 'fresh' foods like salad, furthermore it's just super crowded and hip. Yes, that is true but I just love eating and tasting new food, especially when small vendors create them and make a lot of effort to serve us new food inspirations and delicacies. And obviously a lot of people liked the idea since three food booths were sold out by 9pm although it started at 6pm and was planned to end by midnight. 

Happy eating! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh