May 2, 2014

Food Weekend: Korean at Yam Yam Berlin


This week I want to present you two Restaurants from Berlin, so it's a Food Weekend :) I start off with another Korean Go-To ;-) The first one was at Madang's. So, my friend and I wanted to go somewhere new for dinner and were pretty unsure about the many restaurant choices. But the fact that she never had some delicious hot Korean Food before made it easier; after strolling through reviews and such, we ended up at Yam Yam in Mitte.

As a starter we ordered Steamed Vegetarian Dumplings filled with vegetables and tofu, which were okay for my taste, but my friend liked it a lot. So, it depends on your taste ;-)
They also serve Kimchi, spicy cabbage, with any dish. My friend (who does not really eat spicy food) couldn't deal with the Kimchi :D and after several tries, she gave up and said: No more Kimchi for me! :D For our entrées my friend had a Rice Bowl with Glass Noodles, Vegetables and Beef and I went for the Vegetarian Ramen Bowl in Spicy :)

Her dish wasn't too spicy, so she could easily eat it up and mine was superduper hot :D (Hey, I can really handle hot dishes and I love Sriracha Sauce, but this was.. puuh, very spicy!) Anyways, the Ramen was still very good and I did finish as well ;-) When you're in Berlin, come here and try out some delicious Korean Food because:

1st it is not too expensive (we are still students ;-))
2nd the menu is kept small, it's easier to decide then
3rd they know what spicy means :)

Oh, but keep in mind that this restaurant can be a bit crowded ;-) 
I will definitely come back for more :-)
Happy Eating Out!

Alte Schönhauserstr.6, Mitte
Mon - Sa 12am - 11pm
Sun 1pm - 10pm

3 comments:

  1. drools! this is making me hungry.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. für solche posts hasse ich dich einfach!
    ich hab hunger, danke :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious and it made me hungry! Now I know where to eat hen I got to Germany!

    Would you mind checking out my Blog? Maybe we ca follow eachother on GFC and Bloglovin ?
    Alina à la Mode Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh