November 1, 2013

Food Friday: Zucchini x Feta-Quiche


Whenever I'm having a lot of people coming over, I want to make something delicious and easy to eat. Today, I was thinking about a delicious quiche and got inspired (once again) by the recipe platform Chefkoch.de. As you know, I always do these recipes differently, so see how it worked :) If you like, make the original one, I assume that's super delicious, too!

Ingredients:
For the dough:
150g Whole-grain flour, some parmesan, half a teaspoon herb salt, 50g butter (or rather less, substitute with soy milk), one egg, fresh herbs.

For the topping:
2 Zucchinis, 2 eggs, 200g feta cheese, 50g seeds (pumpkin, sunflower), some parmesan (if you like), 50g sour cream, some oil.

1. Mix up all the ingredients for the dough and let it sit for half an hour in your refridgerator. Meanwhile you can cut up the zucchini in small pieces and heat it up with some oil, salt and pepper on your pan. Let the zucchini cool down.

2. After that half an hour take out the dough and press it onto your baking dish, let it bake at 175°C (350°F) for about 20 minutes. While the dough is baking you can mix up the toppings: Cut up the cheese into small cubes, mix with the other ingredients and the zucchini. 

3. Fill up your dough with the topping until everything is evenly spread. Put in the oven for another 30minutes until golden-brown. 

Have it with some raw vegetables like a salad and enjoy with friends and family :) Since this was not 'my'-recipe, I'm giving a big thanks for all the chefkoch.de-lovers who still inspire me. This is just a 'healthier'-version ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh