June 17, 2013

What I'm reading right now...


Who did not read his world known book: The Alchemist? It got translated into 71 languages! I've got it when I left Germany for the U.S. in 2011 and it became one of my favorite ones. A couple of weeks ago I've just started reading again because Paulo Coelho's current book 'Manuscript found in Accra' caught my eye. Anyways, I then decided to read his former books first: The Pilgrimage, Like the flowing river and Maktub. 
The Pilgrimage tells about his story when he was on his 500- plus mile journey to Santiago de Compostella in northern Spain. The other ones are more written thoughts and essays of him which I liked as well because those you can just read when you're on the road. Those are lovely short stories about one or two pages. I became so inspired by his words and his thoughts. Reading his books is like learning for life but you really have to experience it or better absorb it and then execute.

Coelho, Brazilian author, and his wife spend their time between Europe and Brazil. Additionally he founded an institution which helps children and eldery people with financial aid. He was named Messenger of Peace for the UN in 2007. His books are not everyone's taste, but it's worth trying! Just take some minutes or an hour and you might find a whole new perspective on life and its beauty. He definitely widenend my horizon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh