July 2, 2013

Berlin Fashion Week S/S '14: Opening Show of Hien Le


Today was the first day of the Berlin Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 and through work I had the chance to be there for the opening show of Hien Le. So, I was really excited to sit close to the runway to take some nice shots! It was the second time that he received the honor to open the fashion week. I have to admit I have to be some kind of patriotic here, he is also Vietnamese and I encourage Asians a lot! Don't get me wrong, but I do love Asians doing fashion! I mean: Vera Wang, Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Perret Schaad and Hien Le, just to name a few :-P 

Le is a Berlin based designer and his collections are dominated by his accurate workmanship and his minimalistic cuts. This season he found inspiration in nature by using a dragonfly-print for his signature pieces. Hien Le transformed the print and created an abstract appearance.

I think that he did a great job using white, beige, green, lavender and a red colour palette. I fell in love with this collection especially because his looks are so simple, yet still beautiful and it reminds me of naturality and simplicty. Moreover I like the casual style because a lot of runway outfits won't be as functional in every day life. Le just knows how to incorporate functionality with high fashion design. See the whole Spring/Summer 2014 collection of Hien Le here or watch the video. Don't listen to the soundtrack, it was a different one at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh