September 24, 2013

Beloved all-seasons boots by Blowfish


Like these? Well, these shoes were my first shopping spree after arriving in the U.S. in 2011 and I have to tell you, I instantly fell in love, got them and wore them so many times. I don't know how many miles I've walked in these boots out of fabric, but I can tell you: MANY! Up and down the city like a bazillion times, they were with me travelling through the U.S: Florida, Puerto Rico, the Westcoast and then back in Germany, as well.

Two years, many walks, a bike accident which scratched them badly and special weather conditions later.. they are almost saying goodbye to me. Should I cry? Don't know, but I'm close to.. of course, Century 21 do not have them anymore and the brand Blowfish doesn't sell them on their online page. What to do? Super desperate, super frustrated, how am I going to find boots that nice again?

I wore them to skinny jeans, always!, to skirts to get a more street-used-look and almost to every occasion, yes, also to work. People have asked me where I've got them from and I was always lucky to say: Well, from the states :)

Now they are having huge wholes in the sole, so whenever it's raining, it's getting wet in there and a few stones got stuck already, too =D The fabric is not sticking to the sole anymore and now I'm thinking of duct-taping the inside but I'm not sure if it really makes sense to keep them. So, guys, what do you think? What do you do with those kind of clothes, the ones you love so badly, like really bad and then, actually YOU have to say goodbye. Do you really do it? Getting rid of them, do you try to get a new pair (similar though) or repair it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh